Hey, so one of the Noteworthy girls, Rachel Sonderegger, is taking part in a summer showcase. it's a competition each month and the top four go on to the semi-finals, and then the finals and the 1st-3rd place winners get some money...if you saw any of our shows last year you probably heard "Step Outside". It's an original by her and that's they song she's using for the showcase. She's in 5th place right now and she's only behind 4th place by a few votes, so i was thinking it would be wonderful if everyone would go and vote for her. This song is A-MAZING! and i LOVE it. and I'm sure you will too if you haven't heard it. You can vote once a day. It'll only take about 30 seconds out of your day so you should DEFINITELY do it. I love you all...and here's the link:
P.S. some things i have discovered recently:
1. If you want things to happen, you can't just sit around waiting for them to happen...you have to MAKE them happen
2. This goes with prayer. If you ask for something you can't just expect your prayers to be answered if you aren't trying your hardest to get that answer
3. Boys should ALWAYS tell you what you're doing on your date or else you don't know what to wear...and if it's a surprise, they should at least tell you if it's casual or not. (But IF they don't tell you it's best to wear a nice shirt, dark jeans, and flats...not too casual for a restaurant and also not too fancy for a movie.)
4. It's annoying when you're meet a person and the only thing that person does is talk about themselves while you sit there listening for an hour or two - make sure you ask the other person about themselves too.
5. Sometimes you don't HAVE to be talking in the car. Silence isn't ALWAYS awkward... sometimes it's nice. and relaxing.
6. It's hard to work in a grocery store and not buy food...even though you should be saving your money for your future rent.
7. Life is full of hard choices. The hardest ones are the choices between two potentially good things.
8. Some things AREN'T worth waiting for...sometimes you just have to realize that it's not that important and you'd be happier if you weren't constantly thinking about the possibilities...if it happens in the future...it happens. but don't dwell on it if it's bringing you down.
9. But also...a lot of things ARE worth waiting for. You've just got to decide how important it is.
10. A LOT of people buy alcohol at the grocery store...seriously I've discovered this the past few weeks working at Raley's. i would say that about 85-95% of people who walk into the store, walk out with some form of alcohol. That is disturbing to me.
11. It takes a lot of hard work to get good at something...but if it's something you love, it will always be worth it.
12. Guitar playing will get out any frustrations you may have - it's therapeutic
13. Music can be the most powerful art form if you REALLY listen to it. Even I'm a little tea pot could make you cry...
14. Keebler's Fudge Stripe Cookies are quite possibly THE most addicting cookies I've ever had.
15. No matter how hard it is to read the scriptures every day...it will ALWAYS, ALWAYS make your day THAT much better. and help you get THAT much further on your way to happiness
16. Smiles from strangers may be more wonderful than smiles from those you know - so take the time to smile at those around you.
17. AS long as it's taken me to discover this...i finally have realized the point and truth in visualizing...if nothing else...it gives you the hope and confidence you need to do your best.
18. It's not always a good thing to try and make everyone happy...especially if it causes people to walk all over you - It's sometimes appropriate to just stand up for yourself.
19. Farm Town on Facebook is addicting...even though i feel there's no real point to it.
20. Love the life you live. Live the life you love. Smile daily. and remember the song i learned in 1st grade: "4 hugs a day, that's the minimum, 4 hugs a day, not the maximum".