Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm having a realization...

as to why britney spears went crazy
and why many people in the media go insane

after watching the sing off tonight...
i was dumb and started reading reviews.
there are so many people out there who like to comment and just be rude.
so many people talking about how we're Mormon and saying terrible things about us.
things that aren't in any way true.

and i realize that the media is one big joke.
people find it entertaining to ruin other people's lives by starting rumors because for some reason it makes them feel better about themselves.

i'm not saying i'm in any way a celebrity or anything, but i got a little taste of how terrible it feels to have people saying such awful things about you.

the sing off has been a great experience for us, and so i will not be reading anymore reviews because i don't want that to be ruined by ignorant people who speak without thinking.

those are my thoughts of tonight.
i love you all. :)

5 comments:

Cindy Jensen said...

Katie you are right on about ignorant people. I am glad that you are smart enough to see these people for who they really are and came to your conclusion early on it will make for a much better experience. Just remember that there are many, many more people in your corner, who love you and are proud of you and who would be happy to knock those "igonrant" people upside their head! I love you!

~Stappsters~ said...

those sad people need a hug from someone. be that person for someone.

Megan said...

Katie, you guys are so awesome! I don't have cable, so I have only watched what you and Cindy have posted on your blogs, and it was truly amazing!

I'm glad you're ignoring those negative people and comments. Don't let anything ruin this wonderful time!!!

We're rooting for you!

Ali said...

Katie, I think i saw some of the same comments. When I saw some of the comments I myself was getting defensive for you girls and I don't even know you! Like most everyone else has said, it is a great things that you realize this at an early time rather than letting it get to you and you carrying it with you. Brush your shoulders off and keep going. Those people don't know what they're talking about, and all i can say is i'd like you hear them sing better than Noteworthy! Have a blessed Christmas and New Years!

Ali said...

Katie, I think i saw some of the same comments. When I saw some of the comments I myself was getting defensive for you girls and I don't even know you! Like most everyone else has said, it is a great things that you realize this at an early time rather than letting it get to you and you carrying it with you. Brush your shoulders off and keep going. Those people don't know what they're talking about, and all i can say is i'd like you hear them sing better than Noteworthy! Have a blessed Christmas and New Years!