Monday, December 1, 2008

Quote for today

So today i went over to the eye doctor with one of my roommates, and as i sat there waiting i read O magazine. As i read the magazine, one thing popped out at me. It said:

"Happiness is not a set of desirable life circumstances; it's a way of traveling."

for some reason that really stood out to me and i haven't been able to forget about it since i read it. I am definitely a "glass half empty" type of person, and not because i like to be miserable, just because i don't see the point in hoping for things that won't happen...and i know this is a very pessimistic view on life, and i don't mean to sound that way, but as i read this I realized, once again, that life is what you make it. and i definitely don't seem to make it all it can be. These past 5 or 6 months have been pretty rough for me, and don't seem to be getting much better, but i know that if i can get myself to just sit back and remember to travel happily then things will seem better than they are. it's just a matter of being able to do that.

1 comment:

Cindy Jensen said...

I love it too. Isn't it funny how even when your not really looking for answers they pop out at you in the strangest places and times. I believe this could be an answer to prayer.