Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer...

Well...i never come on here anymore except to read other people's blogs. I think it's a good thing though because it means i'm keeping myself busy with other things. Mostly just work. I have a full time job at the office of voter registrations and elections. And let me tell you it's a BLAST! well actually no it's the most boring thing that has ever happened to me, but i am SO thankful to have this job. I know there are so many people out there looking for jobs who can't find them and i was able to get this one really quick and it worked for me to just be here for the summer full time! I think with this job i won't have to work next year at school which is also a blessing because i am doing noteworthy again and helping out a lot with that...it's weird that i will be the most experienced member (meaning i've been in it longer than any of the other returning girls). CRAZY! but i'm excited. Anyway back to summer. It's been good i pretty much just go to work, come home, hang out with friends, sleep, and then it starts all over again. I'm also doing Strauss festival so i get my exercise in by dancing in the 100 degree weather hah. I love that i get to be outside sometimes though since my job is 8 hours indoors everyday.
Before this summer i'd ne
ver had a full time job so it's taken some getting used to, but i'm surprised that i've been able to get up every morning (i can't ever do that at school). It's also been great because we've had a lot more work than expected. I was supposed to be done working last week, but since there's so
much i will probably be
working until i go back to school. it's kind of bitter-sweet i guess because it's not my favorite thing to be doing the whole summer, but at the same time it's great money so i'll take it.
I'm also attempting to work on my guitar skills this summer. So far i haven't had TONS of time to practice, but i've done it as much as i can. I just wish i could wake up one morning and all of the sudden be able to strum and sing at the same time! it's a lot harder than it looks trust me. But hopefully i'll be able to see some progress soon.
Other than that i've just been hanging out with the family and friends. That's the extent of my summer and i can't believe it's going to be over so soon! ah...back to provo (i'm not that excited to go back to be honest)...but it'll be good i guess.

p.s. i got too lazy to move all my pictures to the bottom so they're just randomly placed all over this post haha.

2 comments:

Cindy Jensen said...

So many reasons to love this summer. I am getting sad already just thinking about you leaving to go back to Provo. Thanks for being such a great work buddy:)

Marc and Stacy said...

Looks like so much fun! Live it up...you're only this age once! :)