Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to Provo: New Semester, Same apartment, New Noteworthy year, No more money left in the bank

Well, I'm back in Provo again. So far things have been pretty great... I'm not going to lie i loved summer so much i was not in the least bit excited to be back. I actually had a day of depression when I got here because i missed california so much haha. But things are getting better as i start to settle in. I just tend to have a hard time with change so it's taken me a few days to remember that i really don't hate it here as much as i thought i did.
I got back on Tuesday and unpacked for most of the day...I'm sort of annoyed because whoever was here during the summer left all of their food and all of their pots and pans, so we are still not all unpacked because no one knows whose stuff this is and none of our stuff fits anywhere. We finally got the living room figured out so that's pretty much done except for a few odds and ends.
My classes have all changed since i got here. I was originally taking Mission prep, New Testament, Sewing, Intro to Interior Design, and Stats. After remembering how much time
noteworthy takes up i realized that six hours of sewing lab every week wasn't going to work so i got rid of that. Then i also realized that Interior Design was going to also take up a lot of time that i don't have with noteworthy so i got rid of that. Replaced those with Family Finance and Family Meal Planning...These are both still in my major so no big deal. Then i was looking and saw that Professor Bott had one spot open for his evening mission prep class...For those of you who don't know, he is probably the best professor ever and he's got the highest ratings on ratemyprofessor.com. He has over a thousand students this year and all of his classes are always full so i was really lucky to find this one opening!! :) Then i had to change my new testament professor as well. And i realized that i still have two sciences left i have to take in order to graduate so i also added a Biology class. Stat's is the only class that's stayed the same. So i went from 13 credits to 16 credits, but ultimately this schedule is better than the one i had. And super exciting news...I only have about 10 or 11 classes left to take in order to finish all my generals and my major!! So i will most definitely be done in the next few semesters of school. I don't know at this point if i'll try to graduate before my mission. It seems like maybe i could do that if i went to school in the summer...but we'll see. It's just exciting to see an end in sight!! Crazy, i feel like i just started college and i'm already almost done.
So after changing all of my classes around i had to go back to the bookstore and take back the books i had already bought. and buy new ones which ended up being much more expensive. There goes about $300. Then i realized how unreliable my laptop is so i went onto amazon and bought an acer net book. There goes another $300.Then i had to go shopping for cleaning supplies, groceries, and other fun things. There goes $200. And i'm also going to pay rent for the semester ahead of time. There goes $1000. Oh and noteworthy dues: $150 (yeah i have to pay to be in noteworthy). man, suddenly all the money i made during the summer is almost gone. Good thing it's all going towards things that are helpful to my future right?!
Other than that i've got noteworthy starting up again soon.
We have auditions next friday and saturday and i'm pretty excited. The returning girls all had a meeting last night and figured out the plans for auditions and also talked about this next year. We've got some pretty fun things planned. Hopefully it won't be as crazy as last year.
As much as i enjoyed being on tv...i obviously need to be focusing on school right now! ah. I'm so excited though. I really had a hard time deciding if i wanted to do noteworthy again this year because of the time commitment, but then i realized that this really is probably my last opportunity to do something like this so i just need to go for it. I'm not working this semester so i should be able to focus more on school anyway. :) Exciting things to come this year! yay.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay Katie, all i have to say is ...you are planning on going on a mission????? AWESOME!!! Love you. Come by anytime and I will feed you!

Tom & Katie Hall said...

AH yeah Lisa i've been thinking about it a lot the past few years, and i really want to go!! i could leave potentially at the end of may. :) So excited! and we'll definitely have to find a time when i can stop by and see you guys! i miss you all.

Lisa said...

you could end up leaving before Michael gets home...that would be weird wouldnt it? It would be like 3 1/2 years before you guys saw eachother again.
Personally I REALLY recommend it. It will prove to bless your future family in so many ways. Go for it Kaite! You will make a great missionary!

Tom & Katie Hall said...

I know i thought about that. Hopefully i'll get to see him before i leave but we'll see! And yeah I'm really excited i think it will be a great experience.

Cindy Jensen said...

Oh Katie, I loved this post for so many reasons and I am pretty sure you know what they are....if not you can text me or better call me. I miss you so, so, so much but it makes it easier to know that you are having some fun over there in Provo. Love you like a fat kid loves cake.