Monday, September 13, 2010

Mission Prep.

Monday's are slowly becoming my favorite day of the week. Weird i know, seeing as most people hate Monday's. It's also weird because I have 5 of my 6 classes on this day and i'm on campus from noon to 7 at night. But despite all of this, I absolutely LOVED today, and i LOVE everything about Monday this semester.
The biggest reason that I love Mondays is because of my Mission Prep Class. This class is usually given twice a week, but i am in a class that is one day a week for 2 hours instead. Brother Bott is the professor and he is absolutely amazing. I have never learned so much in one class period. He teaches so much doctrine, and also is SO good at getting everyone, or at least me, excited for missions.
Today we talked about talking...which (if you know me) you know i hate. I am not one to ever make small talk with people or go out of my way to talk to strangers. I don't enjoy talking with people i don't know and it always makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. This is the biggest reason why going on a mission scares me. In class though he talked about this exact thing and instead of just telling us we have to get over it, he gave us ways to make sure we are always prepared. It made me a little less scared about talking to people, and a little more excited about preparing for a mission.
Brother Bott has so much experience, so much knowledge, and so many stories. I could sit and listen to his lectures all day.

anyway just thought I would just let you all know how much i love that class...because i really do :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

this is probably what I learned to love most about my mission...talking to complete strangers and getting to know them...you will learn to love it too!

Heidi said...

Give me the secrets!! Ha. :)

Cindy Jensen said...

this gave me goose bumps!

Meg and Joe said...

Talking to strangers probably the hardest part of serving a mission for me. But with the Lord's help, I made it through and feel that my weakness became a strength. Hooray for the Lord's grace!

P.S. I think it is SO cool that you are thinking about a mission.