Saturday, February 20, 2010

Realizations of the past few days...

1. I don't like snow. Like really...i don't. It looks all pretty in the movies and people look all cute in their little scarves and cute little jackets...but movies don't show you the reality...wet socks, make-up smearing all over your face, the bottoms of your pants all wet because you are too short and they drag on the ground, you walk up stairs and you're freezing but burning up at the same time. and driving in the snow is really not all that fun when you feel like you could die at any moment. I just...don't like snow.

2. Being in noteworthy is great. It's so fun to perform and to be able to be on TV and all that jazz, but I've come to realize that i have ZERO friends outside of noteworthy. It can get kind of depressing when you've been spending every moment with noteworthy...and then you have a little break and you realize you have no one else to hang out with so you sit at home in your apartment all weekend with nothing to do...except clean and do some laundry...not my idea of a fun weekend.

3. Has anyone ever been on the facebook site called overheard @ BYU. because i have become obsessed with it. It's a group where people post funny things they heard on campus. I spend approx. 30 minutes a day reading those. once you start you just can't stop.

4. A clean apartment is the happiest thing that could ever happen. When the apartment is clean it's okay if nothing else is great, because you have a clean place to live in. It's wonderful.

5. I don't know how to cook many things, but i LOVE to cook. One of my favorite things is being in the kitchen listening to music and cooking. If only i had money to buy more things to cook with. hah. I can only afford mac n cheese these days.

6. I like to have set plans for life...not in the crazy way where i have to know what I'm going to be doing every minute of every day, but i like to know where life is going. I like to see where the future is going to lead, and when something happens to change those plans in a big way...it throws me off for a few days.

7. I really need some new books to read...does anyone have some good ideas? or a book you could lend me. I'm having withdrawals from reading.

8. I have a wonderful mother and some amazing sisters. Without them i might literally go insane.

that is all.

<3

4 comments:

Meg and Joe said...

You and I have a lot in common.

#1: I hate snow too. No, I loath it. Every time is snows I die a little inside and when I hear people talk about how they can't wait for it to snow, I get a little frustrated.
#2: I LOVE having a clean house too. Cleaning actually isn't that bad when you realize how good it feels to have it done. And cleaning to Jack Johnson on Saturday mornings is the best.
#3: I love cooking and listening to music. I wish I could afford better food too. Someday.
#4: I feel like all I have is a husband to hand out with and when he is gone, I realize I am all alone.
#5: Sisters and moms rock.

Anyway, just wanted you to know I totally agree with your thoughts. Love you Katie!

Cindy Jensen said...

Oh, Katie - I just love you:)

Ali Taylor said...

Katie, your posts are great! 1. About snow, i LOVE the snow i wish TN got more of it. I guess if you get as much as you probably do it gets annoying. But you said you think you're going to die any moment while driving in snow? HAHA! You have no idea! Imagine driving with people that hardly EVER drive in it, that's death about to happen! 2. I would be your friend! :) I think it is so amazing how a group could be so close! Be thankful(i'm sure you are) that you do have such close friendships like you do. I'm still trying to find one. But a clean apartment would be very nice. 5. Cooking, i suggest IF YOU LIKE SHRIMP and can get it cheap at walmart frozen try it! It only takes about 5 minutes or it will get rubbery make it spicy and yum yum! I don't cook much either but i do enjoy it! 7. On the reading, i don't read much at all but i've heard people name off some good ones. I just don't know if you'd like them or not they are religious type books. I'll tell ya just let me know if you wanna know. Sorry it's so long.

Brittany Brooks said...

Overheard at BYU CRACKS me up! I love that thing! Sometimes I'm walking around campus and I'm like WOW! I should post that! Haha!