Saturday, February 27, 2010

Well...

I don't really have anything exciting to say...but i'm trying to keep up with the blogging these days so i'll just catch you up on the events of last week.

Noteworthy has been pretty crazy.
We're going to start recording this week for 0ur next cd.
We already recorded about half of the songs for the cd last year, and we are finishing up by doing some songs from this year.
I'm pretty excited! it's always funny when i'm trying to sell people cd's and they ask me which songs i sing and i have to tell them that i'm not actually ON the cd. But this time i'll be one the whole CD so i'm pretty excited :)

This week we went and sang for the BYU mens basketball game against San Diego. It was pretty fun. Although singing in a basketball arena is different than any other singing experience. You can't hear each other...you can't hear yourself...the sound takes a few seconds to come back to you so the timing is a little wonkey...haha. but it was fun anyway.

Then on thursday we went and sang at an even that was being held by Miss American Fork. It was an event to raise awareness/money for Domestic Violence. This was also a fun gig. Even though it wasn't a big audience. I think a lot of the time the smaller audiences are more fun than the big ones because you feel a more personal connection with each person.

Now we took a break from rehearsing today so that we can be ready for the full speed ahead weeks coming up. With recording and Semi-Finals coming up it's going to be pretty intense from here on out. Wish us luck! haha.

I think i'm going to head over to IKEA today with courtney and one of the Noteworthy girls. I have been having this problem where i can't study at all because i only focus on how disgustingly boring my apartment looks haha. I don't have any money, but i feel like just going to ikea will at least give me some idea of how to make it better. But if you would like to donate to my "katie can't focus with cinderblock walls" fun. then i would greatly appreciate it haha.

anyway i hope you all have a great day!

i'll put up some pictures from the basketball game/ Miss american fork thing. :)

Love Love
Noteworthy & COSMO!

Noteworthy and Miss American Fork

Noteworthy & another guy who performed...his name escapes me at the moment haha he was really good though! :)

2 comments:

Meg and Joe said...

I have no idea how you get any homework done with your busy performing schedule, let alone the cinder block walls! Keep up the good work sweetie!

Cindy Jensen said...

Katie - I just love to read your blog. And I am glad that now you are the proud owner of an IKEA end table. HOpefully, that will help you focus on your school work. It won't help the cinderblock walls but it is a start. Can't wait to see you in March!