Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God



Me and my roommates were taking the other night about motherhood. This was right after we had ward prayer and some guy asked me what my major is...the dreaded question i hate. I said "home and family living" and he goes "that's a major?" as if it wasn't worth anything. Of course his major was Microbiology which will help him do SO much more good than my major will do right? Wrong. I get so annoyed when people act like my major means nothing. Does anyone realize how important being a mother is? I want to cry when people tell me I won't be able to do anything with my major. HELLO i'm going to be raising children is there anything more important than that? no there is not. People act like being just a mother is degrading to women...like women sit at home doing nothing all day when they are a mother.
But there is nothing more important than being a mother...and if you ever listened to our church leaders you would realize how true this is. This made me feel good about my major today. :)




2 comments:

Michael & Siri said...

Oh my goodness Katie I totally agree with you! I recently read a book called "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson It's a really quick read but it's such a great book! The author used to be a news anchor on the Early Show here in NYC but she gave it up when she got married so she could have kids and be a stay at home mom. And I definitely agree there is nothing more important than motherhood! Thanks for this post :)

Sam! said...

Did you tell that guy i would like you to stay home with children for twenty four hours and tell me if its easy! I love you your going to be amazing at being a mother